According to a national study,* the Middletown Community Foundation was:
• the No. 1 most active community foundation in Ohio, which has 80 community foundations!
• the No. 21 most active foundation in the United States, which has more than 750 community foundations! (Our fourth year in a row to make the national top 100!)
• ranked for the first year ever in the top100 for per capita giving, at No. 59, with approximately $44 in gifts received per resident we serve in our communities.
In 2014, we:
• had charitable assets of more than $29 million as of March 31 were an all-time high for our 38-year history!
• For the first time ever, we will award more than $1 million in college scholarships during one single year, maintaining our position as one of the state’s largest independent scholarship foundations!
• awarded our largest-ever scholarship of $100,000 ($25,000 per year for four years) to a deserving area student!
• distributed nearly 100,000 books from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to over 5,000 children in Madison, Monroe, Trenton, and Middletown, and now books are available to Franklin children age 0-5 thanks to MCF’s Women Enriching Lives raising over $15,000 at their Let Imagination Bloom event in April.
• supported local charities with quarterly grants through a competitive application process to the tune of about $500,000 per year, and it provides between $1 million and $2 million a year in restricted grants where donors have designated specific charities to receive the contributions.
• helped 31 high school students from our service area work throughout the year researching the needs of youth organizations with the goal of making actual grants to worthy causes as our MCF Youth Council.
• Your membership and additional gifts to MCF throughout the year directly support our operations and thus all of the programs and services of the Foundation.
• Less than half of one percent of the people we serve joins us in this effort as members.
• Approximately 80 percent of our overhead—including all of our personnel costs and fundraising expenditures—is covered by a 1 percent administrative fee that our charitable funds contribute toward our operating expenses. However, that leaves 20 percent that must be raised through our annual giving and membership campaign to ensure that our staff has the basic equipment and materials needed to do the work we do as our state’s most active community foundation to positively impact the lives of everyone in Franklin, Madison, Monroe, Trenton, and Middletown.
Now you know...
How important you are in helping connect people who care with causes that matter.
We simply can’t do it without you! Please go online and join or make a gift today!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
*Benchmarking Beyond Asset Size: 2014 Top 100 Lists
Released April 22, 2014, by CF Insights, a Boston,
Mass.-based foundation research and analysis organization, in partnership with the Council on Foundations